Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate the current landscape in education as well as interscholastic athletics. We have been anticipating an update from both our Middle School athletic association (Canyon Athletic Association) and our High School athletic association (Arizona Interscholastic Association) and finally received information late this week.
Our high school association, AIA, has postponed the official start date of the season two more weeks until August 31 and approved game competition to begin for soccer after September 16 and for volleyball the week of September 21. On Friday, August 7, guidelines for game competition were also released that we will share with our families as we get closer to game competition.
The middle school association, CAA, has postponed the season “indefinitely” and will continue to monitor the metrics released by the state of Arizona weekly for an updated start date.
With these new dates and information, as a school, we have decided to move forward with workouts once school begins on August 17. Workouts will obviously look different than in years past but we are excited to have students working out together on campus again. Tryouts for each team will not begin until the season can officially start per each athletic association. Those exact dates and times will be shared as we get closer to the start dates.
Updated Fall Sport Offerings: Based on the response to the surveys that were sent out over the last couple of weeks we will begin workouts for the following sports and move forward with these offerings in the fall:
- Middle School Volleyball (grades 5-8)
- High School Volleyball (JV and Varsity for grades 9-12)
- High School Soccer (grades 9-12)
We will continue to monitor other offerings and consider doing other activities for our students for the fall.
Leading Edge Physical Day: In order to be eligible to work out with the teams beginning August 17 each athlete must be fully registered online and have uploaded all necessary documents. Once those documents are approved you will receive notification that your registration is complete. Registration information can be found online at our athletic website, www.LeadingEdgeSpartans.com. Please remember that all registration must be completed digitally and no forms or paperwork will be collected by the athletic department or school office.
In an effort to help with the registration process Leading Edge Academy will move forward with hosting our athletic physical day on August 14 from 1:00-3:00 in the gym. The flyer is attached. Please be sure to have the physical forms printed and filled out as best as possible prior to arrival in an effort to expedite the process. Face coverings and masks will be required at all times in the building that day. Physical forms can be found here.
Workout Dates and Times:
- Middle School Volleyball
- Monday, August 17, 3:00-4:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 19, 3:00-4:30 pm
- High School Volleyball
- Monday, August 17, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 19, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Friday, August 21, 2:30-4:30 pm
- Monday, August 24, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 26, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Friday, August 28, 2:30-4:30 pm
- High School Soccer
- Workouts will be held primarily in the gym on campus. Students should have tennis shoes and not cleats for these workouts.
- Tuesday, August 18, 3:15-4:15 pm
- Thursday, August 20, 3:15-4:15 pm
- Tuesday, August 25, 3:15-4:15 pm
- Thursday, August 27, 3:15-4:15 pm
- All students must be fully registered online prior to workout (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- If a student is coming to the workout from off-campus, they must be fully dressed for the workout (minus shoes) prior to entering the school. They will not be permitted to change in the locker room.
- Any student that is coming from off-campus will be temperature checked prior to entering the gym.
- On-campus students will be limited in the number of students in each designated changing area at a time.
- Masks or face coverings will be required up until the moment that the team takes the court to begin the workout.
- Students will be asked to exit the workout area or gym immediately following the conclusion of practice.
- Only the student-athletes working out at their designated time will be permitted in the gym or workout area. All workouts will be closed to parents, siblings, or anyone other than registered athletes.
- Proper sanitation will occur throughout the workout with all equipment and contact surfaces.
- A hand sanitizing station will be available during the workout and we will encourage use after each break or transition.
- Every student must bring their own water bottle, no drinking fountains will be accessible during the workouts.
Thank you again for all of your patience! We are excited to get to see the student-athletes and for them to get back on the court or field and compete for the fall season! If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me at EGray@LeadingEdgeAcademy.com. Thanks and GO SPARTANS!!!